Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Birthday!

It was my birthday on Monday and I was thoroughly spoilt.  My sister in law had sent a card with strict instructions on the back which made me smile:






I have quite a reputation for opening cards before the time!  This beautiful hand made card was inside






with an added surprise





this lovely hand made bookmark.

I received this beautifully wrapped gift from a friend






which was almost too nice to open but given my reputation for opening things I couldn't hold out for very long
 






It's so pretty and that handle is so comfortable to hold.  I can't wait to use it.  My crochet skills have been improving slowly, I'll have to do a separate blog post to show you what I have been up to.

Another friend gave me this lovely metal candle holder seen here with all my birthday cards


All in all a really lovely birthday!


~A






1 comment:

Patsy Long said...

I'm so glad you were spoiled and had a good birthday. Love your gifts and card and those instructions not to open early. Cant wait to see what you crochet.